Yesterday we discussed how buying from online bakeshops is a leap of faith, one that I don't think I'm cut out for. Well, if you're ready to make that leap you might as well make it deluxe and order a $100 Ultimate Coconut Cake from Charleston's Peninsula Grill. The cake serves 16 people and weighs 12 pounds—shipping isn't included in the price and will run you a whopping $34 to $60 extra.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique