I have a great love for all kinds of dumplings but the ones that find their way into my mouth most often tend to be soup dumplings (Chinese) and gyoza (Japanese). Korean dumplings are called "mandoo" and are pretty darn tasty, fried or steamed. At a place called Mandoo Bar on 32nd street in Manhattan's Koreatown, you can watch nice ladies making mandoo right in the storefront window right before you go inside and have them cooked up just for you. Jason Perlow visited Mandoo Bar recently and posted a set of mouth-watering photos on his blog, Off the Broiler—don't look on an empty stomach or it'll start rumbling for sure.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie