Our Adam Kuban loves Japanese curry rice, which is super popular both in Japan and in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan, but did you know there was such a thing as Japanese dry curry? According to Maki Itoh, it's "fried rice with curry flavor, almost as popular. And unlike the stew-type of Curry Rice it’s very fast and easy to put together."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops