Japanese curry rice, which is super popular both in Japan and in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan, but did you know there was such a thing as Japanese dry curry? According to Maki Itoh, it's "fried rice with curry flavor, almost as popular. And unlike the stew-type of Curry Rice it’s very fast and easy to put together."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out
- How to Make the Ultimate Cherry Pie
- The Food Lab: Finding My Mojo With Cuban-Style Roast Pork
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- How to Stock a Thai Pantry: Essential Ingredients for Your Shopping List