Beth Hensberger, in the San Jose Mercury news: "The venerable pot pie, a classic comfort dish that disappeared from the repertoire of most home cooks for decades, is enjoying a revival." She goes through a short history of pot pies, explains what they actually entail and shares five recipes, including ones for fresh oyster pot pie with drop biscuit crust and lamb and andouille pot pie. Yum!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- Dinner in 20: Herb-Packed Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits