Beth Hensberger, in the San Jose Mercury news: "The venerable pot pie, a classic comfort dish that disappeared from the repertoire of most home cooks for decades, is enjoying a revival." She goes through a short history of pot pies, explains what they actually entail and shares five recipes, including ones for fresh oyster pot pie with drop biscuit crust and lamb and andouille pot pie. Yum!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams