Menu for Hope III
By Adam Kuban
December 13, 2006
As we mentioned on Monday, foodblogger Pim Techamuanvivit has once again organized the yearly Menu for Hope charity fund-raiser. Now in its third year, Menu for Hope is a raffle in which foodbloggers donate prizes and then solicit readers to buy tickets to win the goods in a drawing. Proceeds this year will go to the UN World Food Programme, which provides hunger relief for needy folks worldwide. Last year's MFH took in more than $17,000 for Unicef.
Serious Eats is happy to offer two prizes.
LOS ANGELES: Dinner for Four at Pizzeria Mozza
For West Coastbased Serious Eaters or those willing to travel to Los Angeles, we're offering dinner for four at Pizzeria Mozza, the recently opened Nancy SilvertonMario BataliJoe Bastianch pizza joint. As our own Ed Levine said in Details magazine, Pizzeria Mozza is "the first excellent pizza in pie-starved Southern California. Silverton spent a year perfecting the dough. Her breadlike crust is two inches high, but unlike that of Chicago deep-dish, it has a light, crisp exterior and a tender, moist interior."
Dinner for four (you and three of your companions) will include three courses and wine paired with the pizzas you choose. (Winner will need to contact email@example.com to make dinner arrangements.)
NEW YORK CITY: Pizza Crawl for Four Led by Ed & Adam
For East Coastbased Serious Eaters or those willing to travel to the Big Apple, we're offering a guided pizza tour for four (you and three companions) of the New York City borough of your choice. The tour will be led by Serious Eats' Ed Levinehe's also author of pizza encyclopedia Pizza: A Slice of Heavenand me, Adam Kuban, pizza blogger and founder of Slice.
Don't worry: Ed and I will pick you up in the Serious Eats Piemobile and whisk you and your pizza posse away to sliceland. (Winner will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make tour arrangements. )
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, here's what you need to do:
1. Go to the donation page at First Giving.
2. Make a donation. Each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. The prize code for my our New York Pizza Tour is UE19 and that of our Pizzeria Mozza dinner for four is UE20. Do specify how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize codefor example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UE19 and 3 for UE20.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so Menu for Hope can claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow Menu for Hope organizers to see your email address so that you may be contacted in the event you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15, when the raffle results will be announced. (The drawing will be done electronically.)
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!